What you should know about the event.
- Is a donation required?
- Who is the target audience? (seniors, families, business professionals)
- Is the location indoor or outdoor?
- What is provided to the vendors? (tables, tents, electricity, food, security)
- What is the expected attendance?
- What kind of advertising are they using?
- Am I expected to provide a give-a-way or goody bag item for guests?
Here are some things you should consider preparing and packing as they apply to your business.
- tent- necessary if outdoors, can often be rented but easily purchased at most major retailers in the sporting goods department
- table(s)- 6 foot folding tables will fit easily in most vehicles and are always handy. They often go on sale around major holidays for about $35.
- boxes to lift up your display or create height on your table
- banner (Vistaprint- Get a small vinyl banner sign FREE. Plus save 50% off other sizes.)
- product samples or inventory to sell
- product specific display items
- equipment needed to prepare product if serving food
- dry erase marker boards
Booth Decoration Ideas
- rugs or mats
- Christmas lights
- seasonal decorations
- wooden trellises
- promotional pamphlets
- marketing brochures
- customer or hostess special fliers
- business cards
- a drawing ticket or questionnaire
- a drawing item
- something small to give children such as candy or stickers
- an interactive game or activity for children
- pipe cleaners (or twisty ties)
- large binder rings can be used to hang merchandise from the tops of your tents
Finding Vendor Opportunities