The solution is not to focus on perfection but to adjust each element and work on changing one thing at a time. Here are some things I've learned and am working to implement in our household and my business.
- Control your calendar. Use one calendar to organize all the appointments and activities of each person in your family, as well as your business.
- Create a schedule. Include what time you wake up, household chores, meals, children's activities, and office hours.
- Organize your environment. This promotes better time management and reduces stress and distraction.
- Make a written "To Do" list. Prioritize it and use it as a visual reminder for the day.
- Be Consistent. Continually do the things you need to do without procrastination.
- Avoid distractions. Track the amount of time you spend on the phone, online, or in front of the tv.
- Get Motivated! Find inspiration from text, a friend, or a group and avoid negative people.
- Reward yourself. Working hard all day (and night) can take its toll. Care for yourself by allowing some time in your schedule to decompress and relax.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Do you have an element to add? Which area is the biggest struggle for you? Over the next few blogs, I'll look at each element individually to share what I've learned about each. Be sure to check back and offer your special insight on each. After all, I'm learning too!