Here are a few of my favorites:
- 16.1 million Americans are in direct sales.
- 82.4% of the sellers are female.
- 32% of sellers are college graduates and 10% have post-graduate degrees.
- Direct Sellers sold an estimated $28.33 billion in 2009.
- 73.3% of the sales took place, face-to-face, in homes.
View the pie chart for types of direct sellers by clicking the 2009 link above. You can see the percentages of who doesn't do anything, who is just retailing, who is growing businesses, and who just buys. Very interesting!